Phase 1 – Current phase
For all those who are not living in Scotland, it is important to know what is happening here – regarding the relaxation of travel, movement and leisure. Scotland has started the process of ‘unlocking lock down’ so we can all begin to have a little hope in our lives for fun things like holidays!
Visit Scotland have put together some details on the different phases – we are currently in Phase 1.
Remember for this phase:
- Maintain physical distancing at all times, indoors and outdoors
- Travel by walk, wheel and cycle where possible
- If you go somewhere outdoors and it is too crowded to remain at a distance of 2 metres, please consider leaving and finding somewhere else to go
- All visitor facilities and services around the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park will remain closed until further notice including car parks, public toilets, visitor centres, the Duncan Mills Memorial Slipway on Loch Lomond, and campsites
- All Forestry and Land Scotland facilities remain closed including car parks, visitor centres, cafes, toilets, built facilities and mountain bike trails
- Helix Park in Falkirk will not be open until further notice
- Most car parks and all toilets are closed in the Cairngorms National Park, and advice is for people living locally to check with relevant estates before they travel
- Use public outdoor spaces for recreational purposes such as sitting to enjoy the sun
- Meet up with one other household outdoors at a time, with no more than a maximum of 8 people in a group, and no more than one household per day. Don’t share food & drink, but bring your own for your household if enjoying a picnic or a barbecue
- Travel short distances (around 5 miles) for enjoying the outdoors and exercise
- Visit drive through food outlets
- Visit garden centres and plant nurseries
- Enjoy unlimited outdoor exercise
- Get back to angling, archery, athletics including running and jogging, croquet, cycling, horse riding, golf, lawn bowls, outdoor tennis, walking and watersports
Book a voucher, contemplate our fabulous food and plan your holiday to The Highlands. We look forward to welcoming you so please get in touch and we can assist you in booking your Perfect Place…to escape.